Sunday, May 22, 2011

Xfinity App Review



Xfinity App Review


Hands down, this has become one of my FAVORITE Apps!  This is an App that is great for at home, on the road and is just amazing!!  Years ago, a couple close friends and I were talking and the friend one said, 'I don't have cable and really never watch TV.'  In response, friend two said, with the utmost conviction, 'Are you kidding me?!?!  TV is MY LIFE.'  I share friend two's conviction!  I love TV and DVR.

Pros
  • Free.  If you are a Comcast Infiniti customer, this is a free App with your account.  All the features that you have available in your cable plan are available on this App.
  • DVR Record.  I travel for business and personal.  In an event there is a show or a game I want to record but forgot to before I left, I can control this from the road.  When I was traveling on a business trip, I was having difficulty locating a bar broadcasting the Boston Bruins playoff game.  I was able to record the game to watch when I got home.  Nothing more fantastic than that!
  • Change Channels.  The UI design and navigation of the program schedule is much easier than on the TV, so I often search for programs to watch on my iPad and can change the channel directly from my iPad.  This has become my remote.
  • Movies and On Demand.  This is excellent for watching movies while traveling, at the doctor's office or anywhere TV is not available.  Anything available from my account, I can watch anywhere.
  • Great UI.  This App is so easy to use and to navigate.  It is just amazing!
Cons
In my mind...this App is amazing!  There isn't anything I would do to change this App.  The features are fantastic and just increases the value of the iPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment